Ever wondered why you suffer more than others with allergies? Why you can’t get rid of your eczema without steroid cream? Why you just can seem to digest certain foods? Why you don’t lose weight even though you are a “cardio machine” or why you seem more prone to infection than “normal”?
Whether these or other ailments – Ayurveda, the 5000 year old holistic medical system from India, illustrates it is typically because your mind, body & spirit are out of balance with your environment. A non-optimal blend of diet, lifestyle and exercise can lead to imbalances that simply make your life harder than it needs to be. Through Ayurvedic consultations, we create a window into your inner self and steer you to a path well suited to help you regain or improve your health and wellness.
What is an Ayurvedic Health Consultation?
The goal of an Ayurvedic health consultation is to help you understand the root cause of your maladies, and show you a path toward rebalancing. The Ayurveda expert, or “Vaidya”, assesses and analyzes you from tip to toe. You’ll complete a comprehensive health evaluation in order that the Ayurvedic specialist has a thorough understanding of what is contributing to the state of your health, so that they can provide the optimal, personalized guidance for your specific circumstances.
The Science of the Ayurvedic Approach
Ayurveda says that our body is controlled by three main forces, or energies; these are Vata (air), Pitta (fire), and Kapha (water & earth), known as Dosha. Each of us has a unique ratio of the three Doshas that define our core when we are born, and as we go through life, the influences and lifestyle we choose causes our dosha to fluctuate and drift out of balance. The constitution of the body or ‘Prakriti’ is determined on the basis of the dominance of Doshas in the body. For example, if your Prakriti is that you a dominant “Vata” then you will always be a dominant “Vata”.
The Ayurvedic Health Consultation focuses on determining your constitution, or Prakriti. After determining your Prakriti, the state of the imbalanced Dosha is determined – Vikruti. Once these critical contributors are understood, the Vaidya will propose the optimal “formula” to re-establish balance in your body. The recommendations may include custom herbal compounds, detoxification using Panchakarma, massage or body treatments & therapies, diet adjustments, yoga, and meditation protocols.
Ayurvedic Consultations at Ayutherapy
Your consultation at Ayutherapy – Ayurveda Wellness Center will be directed by Vaidya Archana Rao (B.A.M.S), a veteran Ayurvedic Doctor with 25 years practical experience and well over a thousand hours of consultation experience. Here is what you can expect, step by step…
- You complete a health history and evaluation form. This will expose details of your issues, habits, lifestyle, diet and more.
- During the consultation, the Vaidya will discuss your health evaluation form inputs & conduct a physical analysis to clearly determine your constitution, evaluate tongue characteristics, check pulse diagnostics.
- You will leave with a unique set of recommendations related to food items you should favor/avoid, daily routine guidelines, lifestyle, exercise and habits to form. With the “Signature” consultation, we will provide you with a personalized written action plan for improved health and wellbeing!
- Depending on your circumstances, goals and needs, we may also provide options beyond diet & lifestyle and these can be one or more of herbs, body therapies or a Panchakarma program.
When to consider an Ayurvedic Health Consultation
Ayurveda is both preventative & curative, aiming to preserve the health of the healthy and cure the ills of the sick. With this in mind, it may be time to consider a consultation if you are:
- Suffering chronic physical pain, discomfort or illness due to a condition such as arthritis or joint pain, allergies, acid reflux or digestion related, asthma, eczema, weight problems, thyroids, period, menopause related.
- Challenged with mental wellbeing issues such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, feeling a lack of stability or calmness in the mind.
- Generally in reasonable health but seeking to “rejuvenate” or optimize your general health & wellness, build immunity, prevent or delay the onset of illnesses by living in harmony with the Universe.
At Ayutherapy – Ayurveda Wellness Center, our primary purpose and mission is to heal, and heal naturally promoting harmony between mind, body, spirit and mother nature. We offer a full array of authentic Ayurveda services including consultations both in-person at our center in Danville, California or virtually. Ayutherapy is located in the San Francisco Bay Area in close proximity to San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, Fremont, Alamo, Walnut Creek, Concord and surrounding towns & cities.
If curious you are welcome to book a complimentary 20 minute consultation to tour our center and discuss with us regarding the suitability of Ayurveda for you and for you to it. Here is a link to our booking site, and you can read a broad array of client testimonials here.
- Pal, Madhabendranath. “The tridosha theory.” Ancient science of life 10.3 (1991): 144.Pal, Madhabendranath. “The tridosha theory.” Ancient science of life 10.3 (1991): 144.
- Suoboda, Robert E. Prakriti: your ayurvedic constitution. Lotus Press, 1998.