Yoga & Ayurveda
At Ayutherapy, our mission is to heal and deliver our clients an optimal quality of life and health in a sustainable manner, using all-natural Ayurveda means and methods. We achieve this by identifying where imbalances are derived from and then propose a custom wellness program. This usually consists of some combination of personalized dietary and lifestyle adjustments, a herbal regimen and mind/body therapies. Yoga and Ayurveda came from the Vedas, which were based on stories and knowledge from hundreds of years ago. Their similarities and parallel paths overlap, and it is said that Ayurveda is the field of study and science, while Yoga puts the principles and teachings into practice.
Many of Ayutherapy’s valued clients have come to us because they suffer from chronic back pain or neck pain. At Ayutherapy, we strive to help our clients attain and sustain great health, becoming independent in the maintenance of their own selves. This means clients reduce dependency on clinics and doctors through good practice. Especially in the case of back pain and neck pain, there are wonderful practices that offer a manageable path to achieving that sought after independence. Because of this, from 2023, Ayutherapy will offer customized yoga workshop courses to our clients, as they deserve optimal health and wellbeing!
Yoga For Back & Neck Pain At Ayutherapy
Ayutherapy is delighted to offer small group and private yoga therapy based on your unique needs and health challenges. Yoga therapy is an effective and holistic modality of healing which will complement the Ayurvedic protocol you are already undergoing.
Yoga therapy is the specific application of yoga tools and philosophy to bring about health at the physical, physiological, mental, intellectual and spiritual levels. It is based on the ancient five sheath model that addresses the concerns of a human being at all levels rather than taking a piecemeal approach. The goal of yoga therapy for back and neck pain is to empower the participant to alleviate musculoskeletal pain, improve the overall health and awareness of lifestyle, diet, sleep and stress. Yoga therapy proposes the idea of mind (and stress) as the underlying cause of disease, and provides the methods to master the mind and manage stress.
At Ayutherapy, we offer both an 8 week yoga workshop course which has up to 6 participants AND we offer one-on-one yoga sessions with our yoga teacher and experienced therapist, Vinutha Kornaya. All classes and workshops take place at our center at 111 Town and Country Drive, Suite C, Danville, CA.
8 Week Workshop: Yoga For Back & Neck Pain - $295 Per Person
- 30 minute, virtual, initial health assessment to help Vinutha understand about your specific circumstances and limitations
- 8 x 90 minute small (max 6 participants) group therapy sessions including a short intro, 50-60 minutes of yoga practice and 20-30 minutes of meditative practice which includes relaxation techniques, pranayama and mantra chanting
- Custom resources, including our own audio and videos, for independent home practice
- Follow-up Evaluation as and if required
- Class Dates: Sundays from 4.30pm – 6.00pm, starting 12th March 2023 through 21st May 2023 (NO CLASSES ON APRIL 2, 9 & 30)
Week By Week: What To Expect
- Each 90 minute session starts with a short introduction, explaining the background of the days focus area e.g. the impact of stress on back/neck pain, yoga and sleep, diet and healthy eating.
- We will then move into physical practices for about 50-60 minutes. These always start with a breath and body synch and them gravitate into specific custom poses to address your areas of pain and related areas. Sometimes we may deploy the use of a chair, ALWAYS we will be considerate of the needs and capabilities of each client.
- The final 20-30 minutes is dedicated to various personalized deep relaxation techniques, ranging from abdominal breathing, breath awareness, chanting, pranayama and more.
ONLY 6 SPOTS AVAILABLE: SIGN UP BY 5TH MAR 2023 AND GET A $50 AYUTHERAPY GIFT CARD
A-La-Carte: 1:1 Sessions - $100 Per Session
- A 90 minute individual therapy session including a 100% customized session to address your needs (Typically, clients will need 4-12 sessions depending on their condition and progress)
- Resources, including audio and/or videos, for independent home practice
- Follow-up Evaluation as and if necessary
- An initial – one time – 90 minute virtual health evaluation session, this will cost $55 and is mandatory for these sessions. You will receive an introduction to therapeutic yoga therapy and how it will help to specifically address your issues, we will set goals and expectations and you will receive general practice instructions. Vinutha will gain intimate knowledge of your circumstances in order to provide a fully tailored session/program.
Available Time Slots For 1:1 Sessions:
- Mondays (10.00am to 11.30am)
- Tuesdays (6.00pm to 7.30pm)
- Wednesdays (6.00pm to 7.30pm)
Vinutha Kornaya (MBA, ERYT-500, C-IAYT, HAC) completed her yoga teacher training at S-VYASA, Bengaluru in 2003 and is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher. She studied yoga therapy at Yoga Bharati and is an International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) certified yoga therapist since 2021. She is an Ayurvedic Health Coach, currently pursuing her education in Ayurveda. As a Yoga Bharati volunteer, she led several Yoga Teacher Trainings, was a faculty for the yoga therapy training and conducted their online yoga courses at the Hindu University of America (HUA). She also volunteers her time at the senior center teaching Gentle Chair Yoga.
Her true education, however, began when she stepped on the mat as a fourteen year old girl. Yoga proved to be life changing and it helped her stay grounded through the years. To maintain the innermost sense of equanimity has been her most challenging sadhana. Her hope is to share this ancient philosophy, science and art with as many aspirants as possible and help others through holistic and natural healing modalities.
Chronic pain requires lifestyle change in order to be properly addressed. At Ayutherapy, we are dedicated to helping our clients achieve health independence through entirely natural means, healing from the inside out with a 100% personalized approach. Our therapeutic yoga program fits perfectly with our vision of helping our clients achieve the quality of life they desire and deserve. Our goal and intention is to provide enough guidance and support to enable YOU to manage your pain by yourself through the habits you will cultivate by attending our workshop or individual sessions.